S Health can be used to capture a wide range of data.
If you want to be able to look at your data yourself you can export into a CSV file by following this How2.
To export data in S Health, we first have to do a bit of prep as per Step 1 - 4 below. Once we do this, we can just open the data app and export as much as we like, as per FINAL step below.
Step 1 Prep - Download SDK
- Go to http://developer.samsung.com/health on PC
- Under Essential click the Download button for Samsung Digital Health SDK
- Accept the agreement and download ZIP file
- Extract the ZIP file to a folder you will remember.
Step 2 Prep - Put S Health app into Developer mode
- Put S Health into Developer mode
- Open S Health
- Select More -> Settings
- Scroll to bottom and select About S Health
- Tap the version number quickly 10 times
Note: Full documentation of phone setup is available from the SDK folder:
3.3.1 details putting into developer mode
To turn off Developer mode, follow the same steps as turning on Developer Mode.
Step 3 Prep - Install Data Viewer app
- From S Health folder navigate into ..\HealthData_v1.2.1\Tools
- Copy DataViewer-1.2.0.apk to your phone
- Find file on your phones File Manager, and install the app
- Your phone will ask you to enable Third Party App Installation if you havn’t already. You will need to do this to install the app.
Step 4 Prep - Enable Permissions
- We now need to get permissions
- Open S Health app
- Select More -> Settings -> Data Permissions
- Click on Data Viewer
- Select the switch at the top to turn on access
- Scroll down and find the Allowed to Read section in grey text
- Turn on each item under Allowed to Read section
- Reboot phone to enable the new setting
- Without a reboot it will not work.
FINAL Export Data
- Open Data viewer
- Select More
- Select Export Data
- Tick each item you want in your data, and click Save
- I choose Step Count, Heart Rate, Exercise
- Open your favourite File Manager and find the CSV file
- Copy this to your PC and into whichever application you like
If you see check if permissions are acquired or not:
Follow Step 4
- end_time When you finished exercise in dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm:ss
- start_time When you started exercise in dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm:ss
- duration Total time in microseconds
- exercise_type Numerical ID of exercise. 1001 for walking.
- max_speed Fastest time in KM
- calorie Est Calories burned
- mean_speed Avg speed km/h
- distance Total travel in metres
Tips to calculate data
- Date of exercise - convert start_time into dd/mm/yyyy
- Duration in Minutes - duration divide by 1000 then by 60
- Distance in Miles - distance divide by 1000 then multiply by 0.621371